Quickbooks can’t communicate with company file error is caused due to the following reasons:-
- A third party firewall installed
- Server is not set up properly
- Connection to the server is lost
- Quickbooks database server manager is not running on the server
- Incorrect DNS settings
|QuickBooks support phone number USA||+1-844-397-7999|
Follow below steps to resolve the error(Quickbooks can’t communicate with company file):-
Step 1) Create the network data file:-
Network data file is a file that stores information of the device that hosts the Quickbooks company file. When you scan the folder or open the company file the Network data file is automatically created.
- Press Windows on your system and type Quickbooks Database server manager. Select the database manager.
- Click add folder and browse to the location of the folder containing the company files in the Quickbooks Database server manager windows.
- Click Scan, when all folders are added.
- After the scan you should see the company file under Quickbooks company file fund section.
- ND file should be created for each data file, verify that by going to the location of the company file.
Step 2) Verify Hosting:
Only one system should host the company file, in case you are using Quickbooks desktop in a multi user environment.
To turn off the hosting in all workstation:
- Select utilities from the Quickbooks file menu and select stop hosting multi user access.
- On the confirmation message click Yes.
Hosting on the server computer should be turned on:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE on your keyboard to open the task manager.
- Find QBDBMgrN.exe in the image name column.
- Make sure that Quickbooks service is running on your server in case you are not able to find QBDBMgrN.exe .
Log in as system administrator to perform following steps:
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Click OK after typing services.msc
- Find the corresponding QuickbooksDBXX of your Quickbooks.
- Make sure the startup type is currently started and automated.
- Verify that the entry in the user name is correct in the QBDBMgrN.exe row
- The user name depends on your Quickbooks version.
Step 3) Update Quickbooks:
- Select close company/ logoff in the file menu.
- Select the file menu again and select Exit.
- Select Run as administrator after right clicking the Quickbooks desktop icon on your desktop.
- Go to the help menu then choose Update Quickbooks, while on the No company open screen.
- Select Mark all on the options tab and select save.
- Go to the update now tab and mark the reset update box.
- Click on get updates button.
- Close Quickbooks desktop when update completes appears.
- Open Quickbooks desktop.
- Select Yes, in case message appears to install update.
- Restart your device when installation is complete.
Step 4) Manually configure exceptions and ports to your firewall:
- Click on start menu and enter the word Firewall.
- Click on Windows firewall.
- Select advanced setting on the right hand side.
- Select new rule after right clicking Inbound rules.
- Click on Port and then select Next.
- TCP should be selected and type specific ports needed for your Quickbooks version.
- Select Next.
- Make sure Allow the connection is selected.
- Select Next.
- Give rule a name and click on finish.
- Repeat the steps for the Outbound rules as well.( instead of inbound rule, select outbound rule)
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Quickbooks can’t communicate with company file
You may also see:
- How to fix Quickbooks Login problems
- How to resolve Quickbooks not syncing with bank
- How to resolve Quickbooks not updating
- Quickbooks error: Unable to sign in. An unexpected error occurred, please try again later
- How to resolve Quickbooks Error 3022
- How to fix Quickbooks error 3371?
- How to fix Quickbooks error 15215
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1904
- How to fix Quickbooks error 80070057
- How to resolve QuickBooks Updates Error 1603
- How to fix QuickBooks error code 6189?
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 6129 ?
- How to fix Quickbooks error 15271
- How to fix QuickBooks POS Error 1330
- How to fix QuickBooks error code 6123
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6150
- How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1334
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 15311
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1328
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 6190
- How to resolve Quickbooks error h202
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code h505
- How to get fix Quickbooks error 6000
- How to fix Quickbooks Error 6413
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6000 77
- How to fix Quickbooks Not Opening
- QuickBooks not responding when opening
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 80029c4a
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6147
- How to resolve QuickBooks error H303
- How to fix QuickBooks Error 15202
- Quickbooks error: unable to sign-in: Please check your internet connection
- How to fix when Quickbooks file doctor crashes
- How to fix unrecoverable error when sending email from Quickbooks
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 6123, 0
- How to resolve Quickbooks error H101
- Quickbooks error 1935