What causes QuickBooks error 12031?
Getting QuickBooks Update Error 12031, Contact Quickbooks support
|QuickBooks support phone number USA||+1-800-986-6752|
Following are the most common reasons for encountering this QuickBooks error 12031
The desktop is having issues while connecting to the internet.
- Network timeout may have rendered QuickBooks unable to connect to the server.
- Internet Explorer not being the default browser on your computer.
- Firewall settings may be blocking your connections.
How to get rid of QuickBooks error 12031 ?
Follow the steps given below to get rid of this error message QuickBooks error 12031
Step 1- Check the QuickBooks Internet connection.
- Go to the “Help” section of your program.
- Navigate to the “Internet Connection Setup” tab.
- Now, click on the “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet” option in the following window.
- After selecting the option mentioned above, click on “Next”.
- Finally, click on “Done”.
Step 2- Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Click on ‘Update QuickBooks’.
- Click Options and then select the “Mark All” button.
- Save and then click on ‘Update Now’.
- Click Reset Update then click the Get Updates button.
- Close QuickBooks once the update is complete.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon, and then select Run as Administrator.
Step 3- Force stop QuickBooks and reopen it.
- Open your Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Select QuickBooks or Intuit.
- Click End Task/End Process at the bottom.
- Reopen QuickBooks afterwards.
Step 4- Check your internet explorer settings.
- Open the Internet Explorer program window.
- Click on the “Tools” icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Internet options” from the menu.
- Now, go to the “Advanced” tab and select “Settings”.
- Look for the “Use TLS 1.0” check-box and mark it in the settings window.
- Make sure the “Use TLS 1.1” and “Use TLS 1.2” boxes are not marked.
- Now, click on “Apply” and then “OK”.
- Exit the Internet Explorer settings.
Step 5- Go through your firewall settings carefully and make sure QuickBooks has all the permissions it requires to run properly on your system.
If not, change the required settings immediately.
Step 6- Reset the program updates.
- Go to the “Update Now” tab.
- Go to the “Reset Update” checkbox in the following window and click on it.
- Now, click on the “Get Updates” button.
Step 7- Attempt troubleshooting program and payroll update errors to make sure your Internet connection is working properly.
Step 8- Run your computer in ‘safe mode’ and then update QuickBooks.
- If you use Windows versions older than Windows 10, you can enter Safe Mode via Networking by simply pressing F2 or F8 buttons.
- In Windows 10, the easiest way to enter safe mode is by using the System Configuration tool.
Follow the given below steps to enter safe mode in Windows 10-
- Press the Windows button and type ‘run’.
- Type ‘msconfig’ in the run dialogue box.
- Go to the Boot section and mark the Safe boot option.
- Restart your computer and continue working in the safe mode. Simply unmark the Safe boot option to exit safe mode.
If none of the steps given above help solves your issue, contact QuickBooks customer service for further assistance.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding How to fix QuickBooks error 12031
You may also see:
- How to fix QuickBooks Error 15202
- Quickbooks error: unable to sign-in: Please check your internet connection
- How to fix when Quickbooks file doctor crashes
- How to fix unrecoverable error when sending email from Quickbooks
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 6123, 0
- How to resolve Quickbooks error H101
- Quickbooks error 1935
- How to fix QuickBooks error 12007
- How to fix QuickBooks Error 6177 0
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11118
- Quickbooks unknown client specific tax form printing error