What causes QuickBooks Error 15106?
The major causes of the occurrence of this issue are-
- The webroot antivirus application may have been infected by a spy sweeper.
- You aren’t logged in as the computer administrator; limiting the permissions to read or write new files.
I’m facing QuickBooks Error 15106. How should I resolve this issue ?
Simple steps to fix QuickBooks Error 15106
Step 1- Make sure you do not have a Webroot Spyware Sweeper.
- Log into your computer as the administrator.
- Press “Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc” on your keyboard.
- Now, go to the “Processes tab”
- Carefully go through the following screen and look for “Spy Sweeper.exe”.
- If you find this extension in the following screen, click on it.
- Finally, click on “End Process”.
- Now, go to “Add/Remove Programs” in Windows.
- Look for “Webroot Spyware Sweeper” and uninstall the program completely.
|QuickBooks support phone number USA||+1-800-934-1090|
Step 2- Update your payroll tax table.
- Make sure you have an active payroll subscription.
- It is recommended to update your tax table every 45 days.
- Turn on the ‘automatic updates’ feature in QuickBooks Desktop to get all the latest updates automatically.
- Next, click ‘Employees’ and then select ‘Get Payroll Updates’.
- Now, select download entire payroll update.
- Last click the update button.
- Click ‘OK’ on the update completion notification to get information related to changes.
Step 3- Start your computer in Selective Startup.
- Press the Windows button and then type ‘Run’ to open the Run command.
- Type msconfig in the following window and then select OK.
- Select ‘Selective startup’ and then ‘Load system services’ in the window.
- Go to the Services tab, and select ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’.
- Select Disable all and then unmark the Hide all Microsoft Services check box.
- Make sure the Windows Installer checkbox is selected.
- Restart your computer next.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using clean install after your computer restarts.
Step 4- Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Click on ‘Update QuickBooks’.
- Click Options and then select the Mark All button.
- Save and then click on ‘Update Now’.
- Click Reset Update and then click the Get Updates button.
- Close QuickBooks once the update is complete.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon, and then select Run as Administrator.
Step 5- Force stop the program.
- Open your Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Select QuickBooks or Intuit.
- Click End Task/End Process at the bottom.
- Reopen QuickBooks afterwards.
Step 6- Turn off the User Account Control (UAC) if you use older Windows versions and update the application with the UAC disabled.
- Press the “Windows/ Start” button and then type “R” to open the Run window.
- In the run window, type “Control Panel” and then Enter.
- In the following screen, select “User Accounts”.
- Now, go to the “Change user account control settings” tab and click on it.
- Click on “Yes” in the confirmation prompt.
- Finally, click on “Never Notify” and then click on “OK” to turn UAC off.
- Select “Yes” in the confirmation prompt.
- Restart your computer to make sure everything is running smoothly.
If none of the steps given above helps to solve your issue, contact QuickBooks for further assistance.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding QuickBooks Error 15106
You may also see:
- How to fix QuickBooks Error 15202
- Quickbooks error 1935
- How to fix QuickBooks error 12007
- How to fix QuickBooks Error 6177 0
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11118
- How to fix Quickbooks error message 6150 and 1006
- How to fix Quickbooks unknown client specific tax form printing error
- How to fix QuickBooks error 12031
- How to fix Quickbooks web connector log file error
- How to fix QuickBooks error PS 077
- How to fix Quickbooks tls 1.2 error
- QuickBooks bank feeds error