Quickbooks is the most popular software for accounting, This software is used by all type of business, whether they are small scale business or large scale business. This software is used all over the world. This software makes the work of accounting more easy, but when there is pros, there is cons also. The cons of this software is the errors, one of the error is Quickbooks error 15240, to know more about this error read more….
|QuickBooks support phone number USA||+1-800-934-1090|
What are the Causes of Quickbooks error 15240
- Corrupt download and incomplete installation of Quickbooks.
- Another program mistakenly deleted Quickbooks files.
- Corruption in windows registry
Simple steps to resolve Quickbooks error 15240
Follow below steps to resolve the error:
Step 1) Clean out junk files
The device accumulates junk files over time due to access use of the normal web surfing and computer use. If the junk is not not cleaned then it can cause Quickbooks to respond slowly or provide error 15240. Cleaning up these files will not only resolve the error but will also speed up the performance if the system.
- Select start button.
- In the search box, type “command”, do not enter
- Click on CTRL+SHIFT on keyboard and then hit enter.
- Click on yes in the prompted dialog box.
- A black box will open with blinking cursor.
- Type “cleanmgr”.
- Hit Enter.
- Clean up dialog box will appear with series of check boxes.
- Select the check boxes of the categories you want to clean.
- Click OK.
Step 2) Update PC device drivers
Corrupt or outdated device drivers can cause error 15240. you can update your device drivers to fix the Quickbooks error 15240.
Step 3) Use windows system restore to UNDO recent system changes
Windows system restore allows you to go back with your system and help fix the error 15240. Windows system restore help return your PC’s system files and programs back when system was working fine.
- Select start button
- Type “System Restore” in the search box.
- Hit Enter.
- Click System restore in the results.
- If prompted, enter any administrator password.
- Follow the steps to choose a restore point in the wizard.
- Restore your system.
Step 4) Install all available windows update
Microsoft is constantly improving and updating windows files that might be associated with error 15240.
- Select the start button.
- In the search box type “update”.
- Hit Enter.
- Windows update dialog box will appear on screen.
- Click on install updates button, in case the updates are available.
Step 5) Repair Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry is not recommended until and unless you are a service professional. Incorrectly editing your windows registry may cause the device from functioning and can cause damage to the operating system. First create a back up by exporting a portion of the registry related to error 15240.
- Select start button.
- In the search box type “command”, do not click Enter.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT key on your keyboard and hit Enter.
- Click YES in the prompted permission dialog box.
- Black box with blinking cursor will appear on screen.
- Hit Enter after typing “regedit”.
- Select the error 15240- related key you want to back up in the registry editor. Eg. Quickbooks.
- Choose export from the file menu.
- Select the folder where you want to save the Quickbooks backup key in the save in list.
- Type a name for the backup file in the file name box.
- Be sure that “selected branch” is selected in the export range box.
- Select Save.
- The file is saved with a .reg extension.
Now you have a back up of your Quickbooks related registry entry. Now for the manually editing the windows registry contact the service professional.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Quickbooks error 15240
You may also see:
- How to resolve Quickbooks Error 3022 ?
- How to fix Quickbooks error 3371?
- How to fix Quickbooks error 15215
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1904?
- How to fix Quickbooks error 80070057
- How to resolve QuickBooks Updates Error 1603
- How to fix QuickBooks error code 6189?
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 6129 ?
- How to fix Quickbooks error 15271
- How to fix QuickBooks POS Error 1330
- How to fix QuickBooks error code 6123
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6150
- How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1334
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 15311
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1328
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 6190
- How to resolve Quickbooks error h202
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code h505
- How to get fix Quickbooks error 6000
- How to fix Quickbooks Error 6413
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6000 77
- How to fix Quickbooks Not Opening
- QuickBooks not responding when opening
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 80029c4a
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6147
- How to resolve QuickBooks error H303
- How to fix QuickBooks Error 15202