QuickBooks error 404
Quickbooks software package consists with varied options that incorporate greatest information limit,smooth stock management, completely different entities support aboard union and steering highlights and a basic interface for the shoppers. below we tend to square measure progressing to discuss quickbooks error 404.
What are the causes for QuickBooks Error 404?
Some of the major causes for QuickBooks Error 404 on your computer are given below.
- QuickBooks is unable to connect to the server.
- Interference by another application running in the background.
- A firewall may be blocking QuickBooks Desktop Payroll from connecting to the update server.
- Your browser isn’t working properly.
- Your internet connection is faulty.
|QuickBooks support phone number USA||+1-800-986-6752|
How to fix QuickBooks Error 404?
Step 1- Check if Internet Explorer is working properly.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Connect to a random website that you do not use.
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet.
- If you’re unable to reach that website, contact your Internet service provider immediately.
- If you can connect to the Internet, try to conduct the download again.
- Make sure that Internet Explorer is your default browser.
Step 2- Make sure QuickBooks has the required permissions to access the internet.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the “Help” tab.
- Click on the “Internet Connection Setup” option.
- Make sure “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings” checkbox for QuickBooks is checked.
- Click on Next.
- Finally, Click on “Done”.
Step 3- Check your internet explorer settings.
- Open the Internet Explorer program window.
- Click on the Tools icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Internet options” from the menu.
- Now go to the Advanced tab and choose Settings
- Look for the “Use TLS 1.0” check-box and mark it in the settings window.
- Make sure the “Use TLS 1.1” and “Use TLS 1.2” boxes are not marked.
- Now, click on “Apply” and then “OK”.
- Exit the Internet Explorer settings.
- Try to download the update again.
- Restart your system to make sure everything is working smoothly.
Step 4- Make sure QuickBooks is one of the trusted sites in your system’s browser.
- Click on the “Internet Options” tab at the top right corner of the program window.
- Go to the Security tab and then click on “Trusted Sites”.
- Add “. quickbooks.com” and “. intuit.com” to the trusted sites.
- Restart your system to make sure everything is working fine.
Step 5- Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Click on ‘Update QuickBooks’.
- Click Options and then select the Mark All button.
- Save and then click on ‘Update Now’.
- click reset then click the get updates button.
- Close QuickBooks once the update is complete.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon, and then select Run as Administrator.
Step 6- Force stop the program.
- Open your Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Select QuickBooks or Intuit.
- Click End Task/End Process at the bottom.
- Reopen QuickBooks afterwards.
Step 7- Run QuickBooks as the windows administrator.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Now Right click to the QuickBooks Desktop icon
- Click to “Run as administrator from” the drop-down menu
- Click “Yes” in the confirmation prompt.
If none of the steps given above help solve your issue, contact QuickBooks customer service.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding QuickBooks error 404
You may also see:
- How to fix QuickBooks Error 15202
- Quickbooks error 1935
- How to fix QuickBooks error 12007
- How to fix QuickBooks Error 6177 0
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11118
- How to fix Quickbooks error message 6150 and 1006
- How to fix Quickbooks unknown client specific tax form printing error
- How to fix QuickBooks error 12031
- How to fix Quickbooks web connector log file error
- How to fix QuickBooks error PS 077
- How to fix Quickbooks tls 1.2 error