QuickBooks is business software that contains all the tools related to a small business. It is widely used in various companies for various business transactions like monitoring expenses, change of track of orders, creating an invoice, etc.
Reasons for the Quickbooks error 6000
This error is encountered by QuickBooks because of the following reasons:
QuickBooks can only access the different files of a company if they are located on the local drives. However, if the file is located on an external storage, QuickBooks will not be able to access that file thus resulting in error 6000.
This error can also occur due to incorrect permission of the folder which contains the company’s files or when QuickBooks is trying to gain access to a company’s drive by referring to a mapped drive.
What is Troubleshoot error 6000?
There are various ways to troubleshoot error 6000 and they are as follows:
The best method to get rid of an error is to run the QuickBooks File Doctor on its device. It is a software designed by Intuit itself to get rid of any errors related to QuickBooks. This software cannot remove all types of error but it is capable of removing quite a lot of errors.
Steps to resolve Quickbooks error 6000
The steps to run QuickBooks file doctor on our system are follows:
- The QuickBooks file doctor can be easily downloaded from the internet.
- Save the QBFD.exe file on your desktop screen.
- Double-click on that file to the start the installation process.
- In order to install QuickBooks file doctor on your system, you need to have Net Framework already installed on your device. But if it is not already installed, QuickBooks will install it automatically on your device.
- Wait for the installation process to complete itself and then you will be ready to use it to remove your error.
How to use QuickBooks file doctor?
Simple steps to how to use Quickbooks file doctor are:
- Open QuickBooks file doctor.
- A dialog box will appear. Click on the browse option to select the file that you wish to repair.
- Click on Diagnose after you have selected your file.
- A new dialog box will appear asking for your username and password. Enter the necessary details to continue.
- QuickBooks file doctor will then start to diagnose the error. You will have to wait for the few minutes for the process to complete itself.
- After the process completes, QuickBooks will ask you how you access your file. There will be two options present: Server and Workstation. It is always recommended that you click on Server.
- After that, QuickBooks will check whether your windows hosting is on or off.
- There can be three results of the process:
- QBFD did not find any problem: In that case, you will be directed back to your company file.
- QBFD found a problem and was able to solve it: In that case, you will just have to click on the error to resolve it and you will once again be able to access your company files.
- QBFD found an error but was not able to solve it: In that case, it is highly recommended that you run the Auto Data Recovery Setup on your device to get rid of the problem.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Quickbooks error 6000
You may also see:
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6000 77
- How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1334
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 15311
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1328
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 6190
- How to resolve Quickbooks error h202
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code h505
- How to fix Quickbooks Error 6413