Quickbooks is the accounting software, and it is used by all business whether it is a small business or a big one. Small issues in the software leads to big business losses. People are facing Quickbooks error 6150, nowadays, To know more about the issue, read more…
|QuickBooks support phone number USA||+1-800-934-1090|
Why did Quickbooks error 6150 occurs?
The Quickbooks error 6150 occur when you try to create, open , or use a company file, there are reasons why the error occur:
- Company file is damaged
- Device is infected by virus
- Quickbooks installation is damaged
- Opening a portable file without opening Quickbooks.
Simple steps to resolve Quickbooks error 6150:
Follow below step to resolve the Quickbooks error 6150
Step 1) Restore a company file backup
- Click on File menu, then select open / restore file.
- Click on next, post selecting restore a backup copy.
- Select local backup , then select next.
- Choose the location of the backup file from the Look in drop down.
- Select the backup file from the folder.
- The backup file name should appear as company name.qbb.
- Click on open, then next.
- Select the location where you want to save the restored file from the save in drop down.
- Type a file name in the file name field.
- Save as type field will automatically populate Quickbooks files.
- Click on save.
In case the error still persists, follow step 2.
Step 2) Recover lost data with Quickbooks auto data recovery
The auto data recovery (ADR) feature of Quickbooks desktop helps in case of data loss or corrupt. It helps you to recover all or almost all data. The process take some time and you will not be able to use Quickbooks for several days. Auto Data Recovery is faster way of recovering lost or corrupted data. Follow below path to recover data:
- Create a folder on your device named QB Test.
- Select the folder where company file is saved.
- Select .tlg file in your company file’s folder.
- Copy the .tlg file of your company file and paste it to the QB test folder on your device.
- Select the QuickbooksAutoDataRecovery folder. The same location as your company file.
- Select and open the .QBW.adr file and paste it in the QB test folder. The QB test folder should now contain .QBW.adr and .Tlg file.
- Select .QBW.adr file and select rename.
- Remove adr from the end of the file.
- Open Quickbooks.
- From the QB test folder, open the company file.
- Use your account registry to verify your transactions.
- In the top left , select File > utilities > verify data , to check the data integrity of the recovered file.
- In case the copy of the company file is good, remove the damaged company file to a different location and transfer the copy from QB test folder to the original location.
Step 3) Before opening the company file, use proper antivirus update.
Step 4) If file is not up to date re-install Quickbooks
Step 5) A new quickbooks desktop company file from scratch
Create a new quickbooks desktop company file name but make sure that you use a unique name for the new company file. The same name will override the existing company file name.
- Select quickbooks desktop.
- Click create a new company, on the no company open window.
- Select detailed start.
- Select next post filling out the easy steps interview screen.
- Select next after selecting your industry.
- Select your Business type entity and click on next.
- Select first month of your fiscal year and select next.
- Click on next post setting up of your administrator password.
- Click save after selecting the location where you want to save the file.
- You can customize your Quickbooks by clicking next post saving the company file.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Quickbooks error 6150
You may also see:
- How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1334
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 15311
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1328
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 6190
- How to resolve Quickbooks error h202
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code h505
- How to get fix Quickbooks error 6000
- How to fix Quickbooks Error 6413
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6000 77
- How to fix Quickbooks Not Opening
- QuickBooks not responding when opening