QuickBooks Error 80070057 is encountered by QuickBooks users from time to time. It is one of the most commonly experienced errors of QuickBooks. This error code shows a message i.e. “80070057: the parameter is incorrect” when we are trying to access a company file. This signifies that the user does not have any permission to open or delete any company file from the company folder or even bring any changes to it.
|QuickBooks support phone number USA||+1-800-934-1090|
What are the causes of Quickbooks error 80070057 ?
There are various reasons for this error. They are as follows:
- QuickBooks is unable to read our company file because the extension of our company file was changed.
- QuickBooks installation is damaged or has become corrupt due to virus attack.
- QuickBooks for Windows file extension is wrong.
- We are trying to use a third party firewall that is not configured for our version of QuickBooks software.
- We are trying to work on a file that is located in the external storage.
Simple steps to resolve Quickbooks error 80070057
How to troubleshoot Quickbooks error 80070057?
There are various methods to troubleshoot error code 80070057. They are as follows:
METHOD 1: Check whether our company file has the correct extension. If in case it has an incorrect extension then changes it so that the extension becomes proper and is able to access the files once again. The steps to do so are as follows:
- Go to the company file and right-click on it.
- Click on properties.
- Click on the QuickBooks tab.
- Check the extension of your company file.
- Click OK.
How to change the extension of the company file?
- Create a new folder and drag your company file to that new folder.
- Right-click on the new folder.
- From the list of options that appear, choose Rename.
- Change the file extension to .qbm
- To save the changes that you have made, click anywhere on the Desktop screen.
- Restore the Portable by opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you are not being able to open QuickBooks, change the extension to .qbb
- Open QB desktop and try to restore the Backup.
- If you are unable to open the file, change the extension to .qbb.
- Open QB Convert to an Accounting copy.
How to copy and paste the company file to another folder in the Flash drive?
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to “File” option and right-click on it.
- Select the New Folder.
- Copy the “QBW” from Flash drive and paste this in a new folder.
- Open QuickBooks once again.
Another Method to resolve Quickbooks error 80070057
METHOD 2: The second method is to Configure Bit Defender and permit QuickBooks Desktop Communication:
- Click on Bit Defender 10.0
- Select Antivirus options.
- From the list of menus that appear, select Custom Level.
- Choose to Exclude path from the scan.
- Select New item
- Select the UNC path and use it to browse the company file.
METHOD 3: The third method that we have in hand is to run QuickBooks file doctor on your computer and get rid of your error.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Quickbooks error 80070057
You may also see:
- How to resolve QuickBooks Updates Error 1603
- How to fix QuickBooks error code 6189?
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 6129 ?
- How to fix Quickbooks error 15271
- How to fix QuickBooks POS Error 1330
- How to fix QuickBooks error code 6123
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6150
- How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1334
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 15311
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1328
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 6190
- How to resolve Quickbooks error h202
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code h505
- How to get fix Quickbooks error 6000
- How to fix Quickbooks Error 6413
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6000 77
- How to fix Quickbooks Not Opening
- QuickBooks not responding when opening
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 80029c4a
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6147
- How to resolve QuickBooks error H303
- How to fix QuickBooks Error 15202