Every software comes with its share of flaws; QuickBooks does too. The QuickBooks error code 6189 is one of the most common flaws encountered by the users. This error occurs when you try to access a company file but are unable to.
|QuickBooks support phone number USA||+1-800-986-6752|
What are the causes of QuickBooks error code 6189?
- One of the primary reasons could be that the data file you’re trying to access is not stored on the network drive being used.
- Using an online file sharing service.
While using a file sharing service like Dropbox for your company file, you may end up accidentally causing backup errors as these services interfere with QuickBooks.
- Using encryption software on your computer.
- Incomplete installation of the QuickBooks software on your computer.
- Corrupted Windows registry.
- A mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw).
- Your file may be on Single User Mode and being used by someone else currently.
- The QuickBooks data file may be corrupted.
How can QuickBooks error 6189 affect the functioning of my computer?
- It can crash the active program window.
- Your system may temporarily break down or respond slowly to inputs.
Simple steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 6189:-
Step 1: Restart your computer and server (if your data is on a server).
Step 2: Uninstall and then reinstall the QuickBooks or QuickBooks Database Manager on your computer/ server.
- Restart your system after properly installing the software.
Step 3: Make sure your file isn’t located on a NAS (network attached storage) device or any other removable drive because these devices do not have permission to run QuickBooks.
Step 4: Discontinue using any data file sharing service you may be using.
Instead, copy your data files to the C: drive of your computer.
Step 5: Do not encrypt your company files.
Uninstall or disable any encryption software you may be using on your computer.
Step 6: Fix any existing extension mismatch.
Make sure your transaction log file doesn’t have a .tlg extension. If it does, right-click the file and rename it and fix the extension.
Step 7: Move the data to a local drive.
- Make sure all users are logged out of the QuickBooks Data file.
- Check that all the important files are saved and closed.
- Restart the computers.
- Copy the data file to a local drive.
- Access the file using QuickBooks now.
Step 8: Clean up your system.
Alternate Steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 6189
- Carry out a deep scan of your computer to check for any malicious softwares that may be interrupting QuickBooks.
- Remove all temporary files and folders with Disk Cleanup.
- Make sure the device drivers and browsers are all up to date.
- Undo any recent considerable system changes you might have made.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Uninstall Windows and reinstall it to get rid of any issues created by the operating system itself.
If none of the above steps helps resolve the issue, reach out to the QuickBooks customer service.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding QuickBooks error code 6189
You may also see:
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 6129 ?
- How to fix Quickbooks error 15271
- How to fix QuickBooks POS Error 1330
- How to fix QuickBooks error code 6123
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6150
- How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1334
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 15311
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1328
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 6190
- How to resolve Quickbooks error h202
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code h505
- How to get fix Quickbooks error 6000
- How to fix Quickbooks Error 6413
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6000 77
- How to fix Quickbooks Not Opening
- QuickBooks not responding when opening
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 80029c4a
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6147
- How to resolve QuickBooks error H303
- How to fix QuickBooks Error 15202