QuickBooks error code h505 mainly occurs when QuickBooks is trying to access a company file that is located on a computer that does not have QuickBooks installed on it. That device requires extra installation and setup for QuickBooks to access the file successfully that is present in that computer.
What are the causes of QuickBooks error code h505 ?
The various causes of error h505 are as follows:
- A firewall is preventing QuickBooks from communicating properly.
- There is a damaged or corrupt ND file in our system.
- QuickBooks is unable to fetch the IP address of the company file host system.
- Hosting configuration settings are incorrect.
How to Troubleshoot Quickbooks error code h505?
There are various ways to troubleshoot error code h505. They are as follows:
METHOD 1: The best way to resolve this problem is to verify the host and the service. The steps to do so are as follows:
How to verify the host?
- Go to Files.
- Click on Utilities.
- Click on Host Multiuser Access.
- In the list that appears, click on Stop Hosting Multiuser Access.
- Click on Yes.
How to verify the service?
- Go to the Start button.
- Click on Windows key +R simultaneously from the keyboard. The Run dialog box will appear.
- In the dialog box that appears, type MSC and press Enter.
- The QuickBooksDBXX service options will appear. Double-click on it.
- Click on Recovery.
- Select Restart. The QuickBooks file will restart itself.
- Now you will be able to open QuickBooks in multi-user mode in each workstation.
METHOD 2: The second method is configuring the firewall settings by opening the network ports QuickBooks. The steps are as follows:
- Go to Windows Firewall Settings.
- Click on Outbound rules.
- Select New Rules.
- Select Ports.
- Click on Next.
- Choose TCP from the list of options that have been made available to you
- Click Next.
- Select Allow the Connection.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name in the name field.
- Click Finish.
- Repeat above steps for the Inbound Rules.
- You will have to repeat the same steps for Inbound Rules.
METHOD 3: The third method is useful if there is a problem with the ND file. In that case, you will have to delete and recreate the ND file. The steps to do so are as follows:
Simple steps to delete ND file?
- Search for the ND file in your device. You can use the search bar to do so.
- Once you have found so, the Results window will appear.
- In the Results window, right-click ND files.
- Select Delete.
- Confirm deletion.
How to recreate the.ND file?
- Click on the Start button present on the Taskbar.
- Select All Programs.
- Click on QuickBooks
- Go to QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on the Scan Folder tab.
- Click on the Add Folder
- Search for the company file folder.
- Once you have found the company file folder, select the company file
- Click on OK button.
- Click Scan.
- After the scanning process is complete, click Close.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding QuickBooks error code h505
You may also see:
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6000 77
- How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1334
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 15311
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1328
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 6190
- How to resolve Quickbooks error h202
- How to get fix Quickbooks error 6000
- How to fix Quickbooks Error 6413