Why QuickBooks not responding when opening?
When you arrange to open QuickBooks Desktop, you see an error (QuickBooks has stopped working), or no error in any respect (nothing happens aka freezes or freezing). There are many attainable causes for this issue and several other solutions which can resolve it.
|QuickBooks support phone number USA||+1-800-986-6752|
- Your company name is simply too long.
- Damaged or missing the QBWUSER.INI file.
- Corruption on your disc drive.
- It is due to the damaged program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- Damaged Windows software system
Simple steps to resolve QuickBooks not responding when opening
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- When prompted, save the file to the native Desktop.
- Close any open programs and run the QB Install Tool.
Note: it’s going to take up to 20 mins to finish, depending on your net speed and computer’s performance.
- Restart the PC once running the tool to make sure the parts are properly updated.
Solution 2: reboot and briefly disable your program
- Reboot your pc.
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: If the error persists, briefly disable your anti-virus. consult with the anti-virus’ facilitate documentation or IT skilled for steps on the way to disable your program.
Solution 3: Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
- Rename the QBWUSER.ini file.
Note: Renaming the QBWUSER.INI file erases the list of your antecedently opened company files, therefore, you may get to manually re-open your company file(s).
- Open the folder wherever the QBWUSER.ini is saved. if you cannot see the folder, you would possibly get to modify hidden files and folders.
Location: \Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Right-click the QBWUSER.ini and choose Rename.
- Add .old at the top of the file name.
- Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- If the program opens once renaming either QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ecml, strive to gap a sample company file.
- If the sample file opens, however, you cannot open your own company file, copy the file to a special folder and open it from there (preferably a neighborhood folder rather than a network location). If you’ll be able to open the corporate file from a special location, the matter can be coming back from a damaged folder or folder permissions.
- If you can’t sign into your file even at that time, your company file is possibly broken. strive to restore AN earlier backup of that file instead.
- If you cannot open the sample company file or QuickBooks will not even begin, the particular QuickBooks installation is broken.
Solution 4: install using Clean Install
See reinstall using a clean install for elaborated instructions.
Solution 5: produce a replacement Windows Admin User
See produce a user account in Windows for elaborated instructions.
Another solution to resolve QuickBooks not responding when opening
- Close some of your open windows, in QuickBooks and in Windows itself
- Reduce your file’s size
- Configure your internet security software settings such that it ignores your QuickBooks folder
- Rebuild your file to make sure that there is no data corruption in it
- Defragment your hard drive such that QuickBooks will be able to access everything as quickly as possible.
If you are using Enterprise 11, turn off the Search feature (Edit / Preferences / Search / Company Preferences / Uncheck “Update automatically”.) Then back up your data with full verify turned on. This will be blank out the TLG file (which might be huge), and relieve the QuickBooks of having a constant update in its search index on the fly.
- Create and restore a portable copy backup of your file. This will re index your file and probably enhance the performance — at least temporarily — of a large file.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding QuickBooks not responding when opening
You may also see:
- How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1334
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 15311
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1328
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code 6190
- How to resolve Quickbooks error h202
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code h505
- How to get fix Quickbooks error 6000
- How to fix Quickbooks Error 6413
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6000 77
- How to fix Quickbooks Not Opening