How do QuickBooks error code 6190 occurs?
QuickBooks error code 6190 occurs when more than one user is trying to access the company file from a single user mode.
It may also occur if there is a mismatch between the transaction log file and the company file. The transaction file is one where all the transactions made by the company are stored. This file gets automatically stored in QuickBooks without the consent of the user.
This error also occurs when we are trying to update the transaction file without updating the company file. The system will not be able to accept the change and thus the error message will be displayed.
The least possible reason for this error is that the data stored in our company file has become corrupt and we need to restore back the data to our company file once again.
Simple steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 6190
This QuickBooks error code 6190 makes our computer behave oddly and we are not able to work on our QuickBooks files without any hindrance.
METHOD 1: The first method is to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to remove the error. The steps are as follows:
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the internet. It is easily available.
- Save the .exe file on your Desktop screen.
- Double-click on the .exe file to run it on your device and install it.
- However, in order to use the tool, you must log in to your device as an administrator.
- Two options will be displayed on your computer screen: Both file damage and network connectivityand Network connectivity only.
- Select the Both file damage and network connectivity It will detect any damage our corrupt files related to QuickBooks.
- Next, you will have to enter your administrative password.
- The system will then ask you whether the company file is on Workstation or Server.
- Select Yes if you’re using the company file on your server and No if using from Workstation.
- Click on Proceed.
The QuickBooks file doctor tool will automatically detect and repair any damaged files related to our software so that our software is able to function properly.
Another Method to resolve QuickBooks error code 6190
METHOD 2: This method is applicable if there is a mismatch between the transaction file and the company file. In that case, you will have to follow these steps:
- Open your company folder.
- Next, search for your transaction folder. Our company folder and transaction folder will have the same name but their extensions will be You will have to identify the two files by their extensions.
- Right-click on the company files and select Change the name but do not change the extension of the file.
- Similarly, change the name of the transaction file but do not change the extension.
- Close the software and then open it once again.
METHOD 3: This method is used when multiple users are trying to access the company file but our software is in Single User Mode.
- All the users should log out of their QuickBooks accounts.
- Restart all the computers that are on the network.
- Copy the data file to the desktop screen of your computer.
- Again move it back to its original location.
- Log-in to
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Quickbooks error code 6190
You may also see:
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 6000 77
- How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1334
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 15311
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1328
- How to resolve Quickbooks error h202
- How to resolve Quickbooks error code h505
- How to get fix Quickbooks error 6000
- How to fix Quickbooks Error 6413